Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

My Summer Reading List

Summer is the perfect time for taking long road trips, back packing through foreign countries, or simply enjoying the sunshine in your very own backyard. All while reading a good book. I have read a few books this summer and thought I would share a short review of each. 
I started the summer by reading this lovely gem, "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green. If you know anything about John Green, you know that any one of his books is a good read. However, I found it quite difficult to become invested in this book at the beginning. I'm not sure if it was because I was distracted with things going on in my life or if the book just didn't appeal to me. The story starts out with a recent graduate from high school who sets off on a self-discovering road trip with his best friend after being dumped by the love of his life (or so he thought), Katherine. The book is full of quirky footnotes, and math equations. I know what you're thinking, math? During the Summer? Trust me, it's not what you think. You'll have to read it to find out ;) With that, I loved the book once I had finished it and I definitely recommend giving this book a go.

Harry Potter! The boy who lived! I hadn't read Harry Potter since I was a little kid, and so I thought it would be the perfect time for a re-read. I bought the whole series and set in. Boy was I surprised! I didn't remember the books much at all from when I was a kid and now I know why some people dislike the movies. They changed so much from the books! But I understand that they couldn't put everything from the book into the movie, and that it needed to flow and work for the film. Regardless of this discovery, I love the Harry Potter series. I've recently just finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and will start the 4th book very soon. These books are perfect for children and adults alike. They're full of the wonder, imagination, and of course, magic, that every person dreams of having. Harry Potter allows you to step into a world full of wonderment that you cannot achieve from the "muggle" world. Plus it's exciting to think that magic could actually exist ;) I recommend Harry Potter 100%, 24/7, and to any with a brain.


Hoping you enjoyed this little review because I may do some more in the future!
Love Always, 
S. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com