Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Taylor's Homecoming Look

When I was weighing the pros and cons of moving back to WA, a big pro was being more involved in my families lives, and being able to share in the special moments that occur every day. Last weekend, I had the privilege of doing my nieces make-up for her sophomore homecoming. It was a great opportunity for me to practice doing others make-up and being able to participate in such a special night for Taylor. Here is a picture of all the products used:

Taylor is young, and is lucky enough to have clear skin. So I skipped on putting any kind of foundation on her, because she really didn't need any. I started off by blending in Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in the shade 245-Light just underneath her eyes and used Urban Decay Primer Potion Original Formula on her eyelids >
Next, I used the shade Strange from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette as a base, blended the shade Mugshot into the eyelid crease, and finished it off with the shade Darkside on the outer corner >
I then added the Naked 3 Palette shade Buzz to her inner eyelid corner, and shaded in her eyebrows using the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette shade Faint >
After I finished the eyeshadow, I used Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner in the shade Blackest Black only on the upper lid and smudged it with the Naked 3 Palette shade Black Heart for a more smokey look >
And to complete the eyes, I used Benefit They're Real Mascara >
Moving on to the face: I used Mac Pro Longwear Blush in the shade Stay Pretty on the apples of her cheeks and N.Y.C. Sun 'N' Bronze in the shade 702 Fire Island Tan along her cheekbones, down the sides of her nose, hairline and chin >
And last but not least, lips. I used a mixture of NYX Butter Gloss in the shade BLG02 Eclair and Maybelline Color Whisper in the shade 60 Petal Rebel >
And here is the finished look!
I had a lot of fun practicing doing make-up on Taylor and was very happy with the way it turned out. However, I don't think these pictures do her beauty justice so here's another! 

Don't forget to cherish the time you have with the people you love and to appreciate their presence in your life. I hope you enjoyed my very first beauty post! Go ahead and give me a cheeky little follow if you feel so inclined. Head over to my YouTube channel to see Taylor's Get Ready With Me video and see her whole look get put together.

Love Always, 
Sarah 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com