Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

A Little Morbid with A Splash of Love

I was just thinking about how my dad is turning 60 in a few months and it dawned on me that I have 20, 30 years left with my parents (I hope they live longer) and that one day I'll have to mourn them. 

These thoughts just make me wish I lived closer to them so that I could spend every day I possibly can with them, and tell them how much I love and appreciate them. Because without them, I would not be doing the things I am today. 20-30+ years isn't that much time, and I don't want to be the person who takes that time for granted. 

So mom & dad, thank you. thank you, thank you, thank you. I know that I haven't told either of you enough how much I love you, and am so happy to have you two as my parents. Without your encouragement, faith, and love, I would not be married to my best friend, attending university and chasing my dreams. I don't deserve the things you have given me, and all the patience I've received. Please know that it hasn't gone unnoticed, and I appreciate it way more then I ever have before. I love you <3

Our families are the only people that we get to keep forever, and are the only people we can truly call our own. They are the only people who will be there in the end to pick you up, and get you back on your feet again. Remember that they could leave any day and at any moment. So treat them with all the love and respect you posses.

Love Always,
S. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com