Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Crunchy Leaves

                  I've written a little story for you! When I close my eyes and imagine November, this is what I see. Enjoy :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
         I sigh in relief, and take a deep breath in. The bitter smell of my coffee laced with sugar rises up into up into my senses and it makes me smile. I'm siting in the largest bay window of the house reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. He crosses my mind, the boy at school with the rich chocolate colored hair, and deep green eyes. I blush. My thoughts escape me and I look out the window. I can hear rain hitting the roof, and the grey layer of clouds seem impermeable. My eyes focus on a single rain drop slipping against the window's glass. Slowly inching towards the sill. Outside the leaves have turned auburn and scarlet but the grass remains lush green. The oak trees stand like giants, and their leaves litter the ground. My reverie is interrupted by a small chime from my cell phone. It's my best friend, "So, I miss you and I'm so exited to watch movies with you in our sharing scarf!" This makes me smile. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around myself. My knit sweater is warm against my skin and the crisp air envelops me. Halloween has passed, and Thanksgiving is almost upon us. My entire family is here and I can't help but be happy just having them around me. I can hear my nieces laughing in the other room and my sisters in the kitchen with my mother. The men are all watching the game, and it makes me feel like we're all in one of those perfect family movies. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
        I'd love to hear what November means to you. Please share in the comments below, on Facebook or find me on twitter @enviedesire.

Love Always,
S.Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com